Think insurance is boring? We did too. So we built a company that takes everything you think you know about buying insurance and turns it on its head.
At Cover, want to become the largest and most customer centric insurance company in the world.
Founded in 2016, Cover is a mobile-first insurance platform licensed in all 50 states, working with over 35 carriers. We were part of Y Combinator’s W16 batch, and have gone on to raise $27 million across three funding rounds backed by world class investors.
We’re growing fast. In the past year we’ve scaled the team from 30 to 100 people across our San Francisco and Toronto offices.
Across our diverse and multi-skilled team we’re working together to deliver a service that’s effortless to interact with, transparently priced, and built on a sustainable and long term footing.
We’re pushing hard to make our vision of insurance a reality and we want dedicated, inquisitive and collaborative people who are ready to play their part in achieving our goal.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Develop, construct, test and maintain data architecture
- Design, build, and launch new data extraction, transformation, and loading processes in production
- Work with business analysts to optimize queries, dashboards, reports, and other infrastructure
- Perform all of the necessary data transformations to populate data into a warehouse that is optimized for reporting
- Ensure architecture will support the growing requirements of the business
- Proactively discover opportunities for data acquisition
- Prepare data for business analysis and statistical modeling
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- A self-starter who has the ability to prioritize multiple competing projects
- Expertise in SQL and NoSQL databases such as Postgresql
- Knowledge of multiple data formats such as tabular data, flat data files, CSV, JSON and XML
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python, R, or similar
- Strong analytical skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Prior experience in data modeling, ETL and reporting
- Ability to work cross functionally with multiple business units
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Math or a related technical field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice to Have:
- Basic understanding of the insurance industry
- Worked at or founded a startup (i.e. built something)
- Experience with business intelligence tools (e.g. Periscope, Tableau etc.)
- Experience with streaming data systems
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent:
Highly competitive salaries and stock option grants
- Health, dental, for you and your family
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
A slew of perks that make your life outside of work easier
We believe in equal opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, Color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.