We're reshaping the way that insurance is sold, and building product to make sure our customers get the most out of the insurance policies they buy. Insurance products are consumer products, yet have never been treated as such by incumbents. We're proud of our customer-centric focus, and the elegant apps we build to better serve our customers. Cover has significant backing by world-class investors and is based in San Francisco.
You will be the 30th employee at Cover and the second hire to the Business Operations and Strategy team. We’re building a team of technical generalists with a strong business sense. The team reports directly to the CEO and works cross-functionally with Product, Sales, Growth and Operations.
Build a profitable national multi-line insurance entity from scratch, but seriously. To do this, you will assist with business intelligence, operational problem solving and strategic planning.
Within business intelligence, you will:
- Develop reports and dashboards to track KPIs across product, growth and sales
- Manage and develop our data analytics pipeline (ETLs etc.)
Within operational problem solving, you will:
- Use creative quantitative and qualitative methods to diagnose complex business problems and identify areas for improvement
- Work cross-functionally to design solutions to operations problems, influence product roadmaps, and solution new products/processes
- Create measures for success across business functions and ensure accountability
Within strategic planning, you will:
- Implement organization in a rapidly growing, constantly changing environment
- Develop operating models (financial forecasts, customer LTV models, etc.) and prepare materials for presentation to investors and board members
- A self-starter who has the ability to prioritize multiple competing projects
- The ability to answer unstructured business questions and work independently to drive projects and analytical tasks to conclusion
- A deep understanding of analytics and how to measure the non-obvious within the domains of user acquisition, product improvements/optimizations, and sales operations
- A BS/BA in Operations Research, Management Science, Statistics, Math, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, Business, or a related technical field
- 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Advanced proficiency in SQL and experience with a BI tool (Tableau, Periscope, Looker, etc.)
- Experience with scripting and data analysis programming languages (e.g. Python, R, Git, Ruby etc)
- Solid understanding of statistical inference, experimental design and analysis.
Nice to Have:
- Worked at or founded a startup (i.e. built something)
- Experience developing machine learning / predictive models to solve complex business problems
- Experience in Finance and Technology
- Consulting / project management experience