Think insurance is boring? We did too. So we built a company that takes everything you think you know about buying insurance and turns it on its head. At Cover, we’re disrupting an industry. It’s something we’re proud of, and it inspires us to come into work every day. Everyone here is passionate about what we’re doing, using cutting-edge tools to build leading-edge tech.
We are a Silicon Valley startup operating in Toronto, and we are scaling. Right now, we’re looking for smart, collaborative, innovators to be part of our dynamic environment. A place that celebrates successes, welcomes debate and nurtures a positive, learning atmosphere. Every Friday, we hear from the leadership, sync up our San Francisco and Toronto offices, show off what we’ve built and have fun. We’re not saving the world, but we are saving people money and ensuring they get a fair deal in a way that exemplifies what smartphones were built to do. Bring us your ideas and your energy; show up ready to have a creative conversation. We will help you achieve your best potential.
Five fast facts
- We read. As part of our Technical Book Club, we just finished reading Building Microservices and Eloquent Ruby.
- We learn. As part of our continuous commitment to learning every employee has access to an annual learning stipend.
- We have challenging engineering work. We’ve built an insurance rating engine from scratch.
- We meet. Our co-founder has weekly open office hours and sets up one-on-one individual meetings as well as technical workshops to ensure everyone is up to speed and continuously learning.
- We have a lot of fun. We have ping pong tournaments at Spin; axe throwing competitions; escape room adventures and kickoff long weekends with cocktails created by the founders.
- We have unbeatable benefits. Gym memberships; daily lunch stipend and an enviable vacation policy.
Who we need
We need a high energy, talented, data-driven Digital Marketing Specialist who is ready to step up, garner the attention of prospects and grow our brand awareness. A Digital Marketing Specialist who wants to build their own brand, expand their skills and apply their knowledge to make a tangible impact on our growth. This is a chance to drive the end-to-end planning, development, and execution of new digital marketing campaigns. It’s an opportunity to work closely with the Design team to ramp up existing social campaigns.
What’s in it for you?
- Career development. This is the exciting next step for someone in an agency environment to further your Digital Marketing career working directly for a tech startup.
- A sense of belonging. It’s a chance to be part of a fun, collaborative culture based on three core values of innovation, efficiency, and trust. You will be part of a team that pitches in wherever and whenever they are needed, with everyone focused on the goal of making Cover a success.
- International exposure. With our primary market in California and Texas, it’s a rare opportunity to work in Toronto for a Canadian company that is breaking the mold across the border.
What you will do:
- Dive in and dig deep. You will develop a solid understanding of Cover and our current and planned marketing campaigns. You will:
- Determine strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities of all projects - with a focus on social channel initiatives.
- Examine the potential impacts related to platform updates and algorithm updates.
- Analyze and report on traffic, commentary, insights, and actions on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Strategize and execute. You will assist with the overall strategic direction and delivery of campaigns – be it from a consumer, data or performance perspective. You will:
- Ensure successful setup and deployment of both web and mobile campaigns – including keyword research, campaign creation, content & creative optimization and audience uploads across a number of platforms.
- Create and manage display, video and remarketing campaigns on platforms such as Google Display Network.
- Optimize all efforts including reviewing campaign performance, and continuous feedback.
- Implement improvements to ad copy, creative and recommend adjustments to landing pages as needed.
As our new Digital Marketing Specialist, you have:
- The experience. You have worked on small, mid-sized and larger digital marketing campaigns for 1-2 years in an agency environment or you may be at a similarly sized tech startup working on B2B campaigns. You have experience:
- Optimizing and executing mobile paid search campaigns via Google Adwords, working towards the best solutions and ongoing refinement of campaigns.
- Creating and managing paid social campaigns across partner channels including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Reddit and Snapchat.
- The technical skills. You have hands-on experience:
- Using Google Analytics, Appsflyer, and other Third-party Analytic tools.
- Developing an A/B testing plan for paid mobile campaigns.
- Applying broader analytics, including social listening, through platforms like Sysomos or Hotjar.
- The logic and the intuition. You are intelligent, analytical and innovative. You take a unique approach to problem-solving. You have the drive, judgement, and ownership to thrive in an autonomous, fast-paced role.
- The growth mindset and an obsession with data. You are all about what the data can tell you. It’s not just the tools, but the insights you make and the actions you take that enable you to stand out. You are continuously investigating and identifying new marketing channels to test, learn, optimize and drive scalable growth. You thrive in a flexible, sometimes ambiguous environment as much as you do a process-driven one. You want to tap into the creativity and opinions of others, and you enjoy collaborating with Design, Product, Sales, and Development.
- The relationship building ability. You are comfortable working with a team from the newest intern to the C-level executives and founders. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Why join us
Cover is not just another app. We are both a brokerage and an insurance provider. More importantly, we prioritize the end user experience with fast, easy-to-use technology and equally fast and responsive customer service.
In a world of instability and startups popping up; you can come to Cover and feel confident in your choice. We were created by Founders who have already built successful businesses; having recently secured $20 million CAD in funding led by Tribe Capital, we are well positioned to add to our teams and expand our product offerings.
We’re aiming for 50/50 gender diversity (and hey, if you don’t fit into either side of that ratio, that’s okay too) and global representation that makes our potlucks an international feast, we’re a company that cares about how smart you are and who you are, not the boxes you do or don’t check on a form. To that end, if you feel like you have something to contribute, but don’t quite meet all of the requirements we are looking for, submit your application anyway, we promise to take a look.
If Cover sounds like the type of company you want to be part of, express your interest here or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or Medium to learn more about us.
Cover welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.