Here at Cover, we're reshaping the way that insurance is sold. We're building product to make sure our customers get the most out of the insurance policies they buy. We're proud of our customer-centric focus, and the elegant apps we build to better serve our customers. Cover has significant backing by world-class investors and has offices in both San Francisco and Toronto.
Working in insurance is more interesting than you think. We pride ourselves on making sexy products for a (very) unsexy space - it’s possible, trust us. Our team is fast moving, humble, and results driven.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to work on our Mobile team in Toronto to build out our consumer-facing insurance apps. Our office is located in the heart of downtown Toronto, with other tech startups, so you can be a part of a growing industry in the startup space.
As a Senior Product Designer, you understand that business needs and usability exists in a delicate balance and you're able to successfully work within those constraints. You'll be working with the team to enhance existing products and help define the roadmap for our flagship apps.
- You'll be the lead designer on a cross-functional agile team that's responsible for our core iOS and Android insurance apps.
- Be deeply involved in all aspects of product development, from ideation and design with Product and Engineering, to testing and implementation.
- You'll be responsible for writing effective documentation and communication of design, from user flows, wireframes, prototypes and user stories.
- You'll lead the design process to build out interactive wireframes and visually engaging prototypes for use in user testing and soliciting feedback from the entire team.
- Contribute to planning, conducting, and analyzing usability testing and other user research.
- You'll drive creation of customer journeys, UX strategy, and future state visions.
- You have a deep empathy for the user and evangelize user-centered design practices.
- Ensure use of existing design patterns, style guides, and accessibility guidelines, while contributing to the continuous improvement of the product.
What You Bring
- A portfolio demonstrating your excellent understanding of interface and interaction design, with strong product thinking across a range of digital platforms (mobile, web, responsive, etc.)
- You have a demonstrable portfolio of released mobile applications in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
- 5+ years of UI, UX and/or product design experience creating impactful and attractive digital applications with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Passion for solving core product problems while owning all facets of a user experience (strategy, IA, art direction, interaction design and research)
- Experience with various forms of user research such as surveys, interviews, and usability testing.
- You thrive on autonomy and you take initiative to get the job done.
- Ability to clearly communicate your design to the engineering and product management teams.
- We work with industry-standard tools and software like Sketch, InVision, Principle, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience in insurance or financial services is a plus.
You’re here to work on hard things, learn, grow, support and challenge your peers
Building a national insurance entity from scratch is something few people can claim to have done - you’ll be one of them. We’re passionate about bringing world-class product and consumer experiences to insurance, and financial services, building fair & sustainable products and delivering lasting value to our customers. We’re looking for people who won’t settle for less than building category-defining products.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent:
- Highly competitive salaries and stock option grants
- Health, dental, for you and your family
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Catered lunch 4 times a week
- A slew of perks that make your life outside of work easier
We believe in equal opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.